“Knife attacker Axel Rudakubana has pleaded guilty to murdering three young girls at a Taylor Swift-themed dance class in Southport. The 18-year-old stabbed to death Alice da Silva Aguiar, nine, Bebe King, six, and seven-year-old Elsie Dot Stancombe along with 10 others on 29 July last year, in a ‘meticulously planned rampage’.
As his trial was set to begin at Liverpool Crown Court, Rudakubana, who prosecutors said had “shown no remorse”, unexpectedly entered guilty pleas to all charges, including murder, attempted murder and terror-related offences…
Government sources have told the BBC that Rudakubana was referred to the government’s counter-terrorism Prevent programme several times before the attack over his general obsession with violence and he had been visited by police…
The attack took place during a summer holiday dance class for children at the Hart Centre in Southport.
Rudakubana, who was 17 at the time, also stabbed eight other children along with yoga teacher Leanne Lucas, who was instructing the class, and businessman John Hayes, who was one of the first people on the scene.” (Source: BBC report 20 January 2025)


The murder of these little girls and the stabbing of eight other children and two adults was not enough for the “liberal” British government to become concerned about protecting British society.
“When, in Southport, the son of migrants from Rwanda carried out the stabbing murder of little girls at a children’s dance, all those who came out in protest – including the parents of the murdered children – were labeled ultra-right-wing extremists. As part of the “total retribution” announced by the prime minister, 1,280 protesters were arrested.” (Source: RT International, May 8, 2026)
This tragic case and many other similar tragedies such as that of the mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik who dressed as a policeman and tricked ferry personnel into believing he was a policeman on the ferry to Utoya island in Norway, where he then killed 69 people — mostly teenagers — in a shooting spree are symptoms of a political system which has abandoned the duty of protecting the society and community.
“Investigating officers told the court how he shot his victims, beginning with a security official on the island and then 68 others, mostly the youth who were participating in the summer retreat.” (Source: The Associated Press, May 03, 2012)
These and numerous other cases of murders and mass shootings in liberal democracies illustrate the liberal democracies’ failure to protect the society from criminal elements due to the political system’s obsession with protecting “individual rights.”
If found guilty and sane, Breivik would face 21 years in prison, although he can be held longer if deemed a danger to society. If declared insane, he would be committed to compulsory psychiatric care.
According to later reports Breivik received only 21 years of prison sentence, as this is the maximum allowed under Norway’s legal system, regardless of how heinous the crime. That means given his young age he could be a free man in his fifties.
In the tragic case of mass murder of eight school children in Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, there had been numerous prior warnings. Yet the authorities returned the seized weapons to the household of the mass murderer which enabled the transgender murderer to use the weapons to kill the eight children.
Throughout the reporting of the tragedy the Wokism-corrupted mainstream media consistently referred to the mass murderer as a woman, neglecting to report accurately that the murderer was transgender.

Then there is the myth of rehabilitation on the basis of which the liberal democracy functions. So there is the charade of parole hearings every few years, even for psychopaths such as Paul Bernardo or Clifford Olson, who murdered eleven young persons, thus stirring the wounds that the families of the victims had suffered.
All scientific evidence documents the fact that psychopathy is not curable. Yet the liberal system pretends otherwise through the charade of parole hearings, the frequency of which is dictated by the Corrections and Conditional Release Act, to determine the eligibility for parole of the Paul Bernardos and Clifford Olsons of the crime world.
The other area of liberal democracy’s neglect of the society and the national community is bail and other types of releases:
“In 2022, there were 256 people charged with homicide while on some kind of release, including house arrest and parole. With 874 homicides in 2022, the 256 people charged while on release would equate to 29% of all homicides.
Under Bill C-75, judges and justices of the peace were instructed by changes to federal law to practice restraint on the matter of bail. The changes specifically said that those considering the case should, ‘give primary consideration to the release of the accused at the earliest reasonable opportunity and on the least onerous conditions that are appropriate in the circumstances‘ [Emphasis added].
Under intense pressure from the opposition and provincial governments across the country, the Trudeau Liberals agreed to toughen up bail but only for the most serious violent, repeat offenders. That means the vast majority of people proceeding through the system still receive release at the earliest possible time with the least onerous conditions.” (Source: Toronto Sun, July 9, 2024)
Yet another absurdity of the Canadian justice system is the practice of concurrent sentences. Whether the criminal has committed one or eleven murders, such as Clifford Olson did, he can receive only one concurrent sentence, where eleven consecutive sentences would be justified. The Criminal Code of Canada states that all sentences are concurrent unless the trial judge specifically orders the sentences to run consecutively.
Consequently Canadian courts have stated that as a general rule, where multiple charges arise from a single event or involve ongoing crimes, their sentences should run concurrently.
This means that if during an armed robbery at a bank the assailant murders six tellers, he will serve the sentence for one murder alone since this whole process of robbery and murders constitutes a single event according to the Criminal Code of Canada!
The following is a list of convicted criminals on statutory release who committed crimes after release:
- Myles Sanderson (2022): Involved in the James Smith Cree Nation stabbings in Saskatchewan, where 11 people were killed, Sanderson was on statutory release at the time of the incident.
- Kenneth Mackay (2023): Convicted of murdering Crystal Paskemin in 2000, Mackay was granted day parole in 2023, despite being deemed high risk, and immediately violated conditions by stalking a coworker.
- Tori Dunn Case (2024): Though often discussed alongside bail/statutory release criticism, this case involved an individual accused of murder who had a long history of violent offences and was out on release, leading to significant public debate. (Source: Internet public domain)
“By law, offenders who have served two-thirds of a fixed length sentence must be released from prison under supervision, though it can be denied in some circumstances. The parole board can impose special conditions on the release if necessary.” (Source: CBC, November 12, 2025)
All content on this website is copyrighted, and cannot be republished or reproduced without permission.
Share this article!




The truth does not fear investigation.
You can help support Dominion Review!
Dominion Review is entirely funded by readers. I am proud to publish hard-hitting columns and in-depth journalism with no paywall, no government grants, and no deference to political correctness and prevailing orthodoxies. If you appreciate this publication and want to help it grow and provide novel and dissenting perspectives to more Canadians, consider subscribing on Patreon for $5/month.
- Riley Donovan, editor